Black The Fall Bossgard Sand Sailor Studio, developer, has announced ASKA, an open-world survival game featuring Viking themes for PC (Steam).
The single-player alpha test will start on November 24. Sign-ups are available now via the game’s official website.
Sand Sailor Studio will host a live streaming of gameplay on November 18, at 10:00 a.m. PST / 1:00 pm. ET. During this live stream, the leads will discuss the project and showcase the first gameplay footage. It will be available to stream on Twitch.
“We’ve got so many exciting ideas for ASKA, but honestly the thing we are most looking forward to are the ideas we get from players,” said Sand Sailor Studio co-founder Cristian Diaconescu in a press release. “We’re really excited to have people try ASKA Our closed alpha will be held on November 24, We want to start building our own tribe that will come along with us on this journey to make a unique Viking odyssey!”
You can find a summary of the game on Steam.
In ASKAYour goal is to create a self-sustaining Viking village. You work, craft, sail and fight together. As a third person, you can command and organize your villager, as well as work and fight alongside them and tend to all their needs.
The Key Features
- Your Viking fantasy can be fulfilled alone or in a group.
- Four players can play together to command villages, build their tribes, hunt for resources, and survive the ancient threat of winter.
- Assign different jobs to each villager so they can contribute to the tribe, and leave their mark on the settlement.
- Expand your village by building workshops, mines or farms, castles or defenses.
- Find hidden caves and other remarkable areas all over the world that are rich in loot or valuable resources.
- You can build your own customized Viking ship and explore new lands. You can establish supply lines between settlements, and build a Viking empire that is self-sufficient.
- Discover a world procedurally created that is full of dangers, secrets, landmarks, etc., which keeps each session exciting and new.
- Enjoy a realistic, dynamic weather system all around the world. Survival priorities shift with the seasons.
- Engage in skill-based combat against a range of mythical enemies.
- You can customize your buildings with functional furniture or other decorative items.
Construct Jaw-Dropping Viking Villages
Houses, workshops, defenses, altars, shipyards, castles, and farms—the design of your village and your economy is in your hands. Each structure is meticulously handcrafted to make it possible to build a Viking tribe that is both functional and visually striking.
Your Village is Vibrant
You don’t just construct your village, you live in it. Build, work, and fight alongside your people, walk through the very village you’ve helped build and witness entire production cycles being carried out. Each member of the tribe must have their own needs met in order for it to function well. They need to live a full life. You’re not just building a base—you’re building a living village!
Villagers Take Part
Your villager’s abilities will improve, whether they are in battle or in their chosen profession. The tribe will benefit greatly from the cultivation of skilled blacksmiths. Highly trained hunters will be able explore the world and gather more materials, as well as help the tribe feed itself.
Expand and Claim Land
Your settlement will expand as you conquer more of the world and your tribe grows. It starts out as a collection small huts. But it soon becomes a prosperous village, where towers are built, crops are grown, and anvils can be hammered. Eventually all your followers’ homes will become uniquely decorated, echoing their own individuality.
…And When The Dead Winter Comes
A wise tribe leader prepares for war in times of peace… On this mystical land, an ancient evil has been dwelling in the shadows, waiting for the first frost to fall. During the harshest season of all, while your tribe is battling the elements, the dark inhabitants of this world prepare to strike…
Below is the trailer. See the gallery for the first screenshots.
Leave a Reply