Stardew Valley has a simple gameplay that looks deceptively simple due to its deliberately pixelated graphics. There is a lot to do and no tutorial system.
The game provides some objectives for the player to engage with NPCs, etc. With all the different crafting recipes and cool items, there are in the game, and it’s very important to know how to get the more helpful and useful materials.
These include Iron ore, iron bars and iron. The game does not provide any direction on how to get iron ore, or iron bars.
Therefore, let’s get into how to get Iron in Stardew Valley and achieve these handy crafting materials.
Iron Ore/Iron Bars
As stated, iron ore can be used to create items. Iron ore is not used in many recipes by itself, but iron bars are made from smelting ironore and can be used for a variety of crafting projects.
Iron bars are not only useful for crafting recipes; they can also be used to upgrade steel tools.
How To Get Iron Ore From Stardew Valley
There are several ways to obtain iron ore at Stardew Valley. These are the various ways you can do it:
1. Mining in “The Mines”
- Iron can be extracted from the ground by mining. To do so, you will need to use a pickaxe to smash an Iron node. Iron nodes are most concentrated between floors 41-79.
- Iron ore can also spawn at the Quarry, Quarry Mine, and Quarry on The Hill-Top.
- You can also find it in the chests that spawn at The Mines as a collectible.
- Stardew Valley is home to a fishing mechanic.
- Treasure chests can be obtained by catching fish occasionally instead of fish.
- These treasure chests may contain iron ore.
- While mining, you can also obtain Geodes by breaking rock in The Mines.
- These are basically Mineral deposits, which can contain minerals, artifacts or basic resources.
- The Blacksmith can open these Geodes found in The Mines. They may contain ironore.
- You can also buy iron ore at a blacksmith for 150 gold in the first year and 250 gold in the second year.
- Copper Pan can be used in rivers and ponds.
- It acts as a sieve, picking up any items or materials that are flowing with the river to allow the player collect them.
- Iron Ore can be added to these materials and items.
How To Get Iron Bars
Once you have Iron Ore, you can turn it into Iron Bars by smelting them in a furnace. The Transmutation process of Copper Bars is another way to obtain Iron Bars, aside from Iron Ore.
Five pieces of Iron Ore are all that is required for smelting. This will begin the smelting of the iron ore. After the process is completed, the furnace can be used to collect the ore.
You will need 3 Copper Bars to Transmute Copper Bars into Iron. Open your crafting menu and you will see the option to create 1 Iron Bar.
You will receive 1 Iron Bar by clicking it. Then you can use the 3 Copper ones that you have previously. It should be noted, however, that this recipe is only available if the player’s mining level is at least 4.
Stardew Valley gives you almost no direction as to how you can obtain a specific item or material.
This makes it more difficult for players to find basic materials and other items. Iron is one example. This can prove to be frustrating for some players and overwhelming for others.
This should have helped to explain everything you need to know to obtain a useful crafting material such as Iron in Stardew Valley.
Leave a Reply