Valheim is still in early access, but the developers have been adding new content and responding to player feedback in order provide the best possible user experience. Iron Gate Studio has addressed the heightmap issues that Xbox and PC gamers have faced, as well as a host of other fixes. The latest patch aims to do the exact same.
Patch 0.214.300 in Valheim was released on March 28, 2023. It fixes an issue that both Xbox and PC gamers have been experiencing due to differences in height maps. “This could cause a player appear to fly in or walk below the ground,” said Valheim. In the official patch notes, the developers clarified that this fix could cause buildings built by Xbox players to collapse.
Here are the notes for patch 0.214.300 Valheim.
Official Valheim patch 0.214.300 notes
Abbreviated Patch notes
Fixes & Improvements
- Mouse for left handed
- Manual saving bug fixed
- Swap Triggers controller added
- Text & UI fixes
- Performance & various bug fixes
See the detailed patch notes
Fixes & Improvements
- Manual save does not allow you to respawn at the same place you saved. You can call a dedicated server if your name is on the admin list.
- The left handed mouse should now function correctly again
- Added “Swap Triggers” to control options, to be able to fix a potential issue for PlayStation controllers
- Main menu performance issues fixed
- Special characters that appear as squares or symbols have been fixed so they look better
- Hovertext, text input on signs and text should now be displayed correctly.
- Sign text should be properly lit and have a minimum of a bluish glow
- Various UI & text fixes that were being displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that caused scrolling to be slow on Linux and inverted on Linux
- Updated engine to unity version 2020.03.45
- You should now save the keybinding settings correctly
- Added graphic setting “Balanced Mode” with 40 FPS and 1440p on Series X and 900p on Series S
- Right stick controls only the character rotation in character screen
- The character creation menu now includes two functions for the right analog stick.
- Heightmap differences between Xbox One and PC have almost been eliminated. This means certain areas in Xbox Worlds will experience significant terrain changes and may cause buildings to collapse.
In a blog post about the latest patch, the developers also noted that they are aware of an issue which forces Xbox worlds to reset to day 1, once they reach a certain size. They said that they have found the root cause of the problem and will fix it in the Valheim update.
Leave a Reply