The Wakanda Forever: Black Panther – Music From and Inspired By soundtrack, produced by Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Archie Davis and Dave Jordan is set for release on Nov. 4 from Roc Nation Records/Def Jam Recordings/Hollywood Records. The soundtrack is available for Pre-Save/Pre-Add/pre-order here. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Ryan Coogler directed and Nate Moore produced the film. It opens in U.S. theaters November 11, 2022.
Rihanna’s lead single “Lift Me Up” This week, it makes radio history as the most-added song in U.S. Radio history. It has the most single-day spins and largest audience ever.
The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From and Inspired By soundtrack includes over 40 international artists that were recorded in Lagos and Mexico City, London, Los Angeles, Nigeria, Nigeria, Mexico City, London, and Lagos. The following artists are featured: Rihanna, Tems, Fireboy DML OG DAYV Ft. Future CKay Ft. PinkPantheress E-40 … and many other things.
Ludwig Göransson, who has two Emmys, two Grammys and an Oscar to his credit, composed and produced both the score and the original songs on the soundtrack. His extensive work in producing artists (Childish gamblingo, Adele and Haim), as well his work scoring films, TV series, and commercials (Black Panther, Creed, MandalorianHe is uniquely qualified to oversee both the soundscape and production.
They have teamed up for their fourth filmtic collaboration. Wakanda Forever: Black Panther, Coogler and Göransson set out to create an innovative soundscape where Göransson says, “The songs and score are one.” The two artists have talked about this approach since their days attending USC Film School, and finally made it a reality with Wakanda Forever: Black Panther.
In what became a massive labor of love, Göransson spent over 2500 hours recording the score and soundtrack – which involved six studios, across three continents and five countries. Over 250 musicians will be heard in the film.
Coogler was intimately involved in the creation of the music for the film, from co-writing lyrics on the Rihanna track “Lift Me Up” to suggesting the cover of Bob Marley’s “No Woman, No Cry” performed by Nigerian singer/songwriter Tems and bridged together with Kendrick Lamar’s “Alright” for the film’s instantly viral trailer.
Göransson said, “Ryan and I talked about the importance of creating an immersive journey of sound and voice. No needle drops would be allowed here. We wanted to use a song in the film. It had to be the whole song and be linked to the story. We wanted to encourage the audience to celebrate their grief instead of turning it into despair. Listening to the soundtrack allows you to close your eyes and experience the movie again. That was the intention.”
The story was inspired by both Nigerian, Mesoamerican cultures. Recording sessions were held in Lagos, Nigeria and Mexico City, Mexico. Abbey Road Studios in London also hosted the recording sessions. Producers worked with popular artists from Lagos including Tems, which has become a hotbed of musical innovation. The soundtrack also features emerging rappers from Mexico City, including Pat Boy, who raps in Mayan.
While in Mexico City, Göransson worked closely with music archeologist Alejandro Rojas to explore and research Mayan music. The soundscape was created using instruments from both Nigerian as Mesoamerican cultures.
The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever –Music From and Inspired By Follow these steps to tracklist:
- Lift me Up Perform by Rihanna
- Love & Loyalty (Believe) Perform by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna And Busiswa
- Alles by itself Perform by Burna Boy
- No Woman Will Cry Perform by Tems
- Árboles Bajo El Mar Perform by Vivir Quintana And Mare Advertencia
- Con La Brisa Perform by Foudeqush And Ludwig Göransson
- La Vida Perform by Snow Tha Product This feature E-40
- Interlude Perform by Stormzy
- Come Back for You Perform by Fireboy DML
- They Want It, but No Perform by Tobe Nwigwe And Fat Nwigwe
- Laayli’ kuxa’ano’one Perform by ADN Maya Colectivo: Pat Boy, Yaalen K’uj, All Mayan Winik
- Limoncello Perform by OG DAYV This feature Future
- Anya Mmiri Perform by CKay This feature PinkPantheress
- Wake up Perform by Bloody Civilian This feature Rema
- Pantera Perform by Alemán This feature Rema
- Jele Perform by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna And Busiswa
- Inframundo Perform by Blue Rojo
- No Digas Mi Nombre Perform by calle x vida And Foudeqush
- Mi Pueblo Perform by Guadalupe de Jesús Chan Poot