miHoYo’s hit continues to dominate the mobile RPG space as it approaches its second anniversary. Analysts from Sensor Tower have released new data indicating the game’s global success.
- Genshin Impact, which was the release of version 3.0 on August 24, generated $12 million worldwide (via Sensor Tower).
- From its launch on September 28, 2020 to August 2022, miHoYo’s title generated over $3.6 billion in total player spending on iOS and Android.
- China accounts for 32% of the game’s total revenue, followed by Japan (24%) and the US (18.2%).
- Genshin Impact was also downloaded 110 million times worldwide.
- China leads the pack in downloads with 21.4% of all installs. It is followed by the US (11.8%), and Russia (6.9%).
Genshin Impact’s road to success
To develop and market Genshin Impact, miHoYo spent $100M. Many comparisons have been made to Genshin Impact. Legend of Zelda – Breath of Wild Before launch, the game was already a success.
At the moment, the Chinese studio spends around $200 million Genshin Impact is a live service that costs over $15,000 per year to develop and support.
The game Mobile devices generated $60 million Within its first week, it had achieved $400 million in revenue on iOS. By December 2020, it will have reached $500 million on Android. MiHoYo became one of the top mobile developers in the world thanks to its innovative technology. Annual revenue of $800 millions 2020
Genshin Impact was able to complete the project in less than six months Top $1 Billion in Mobile RevenueFaster than other highest-grossing titles, like Pokémon GO, Lineage MAnd Clash Royale. Sensor Tower’s Craig Chapple broke down the key factors contributing to the game’s success Last year’s interview.
miHoYo’s project crossed the $3 billion mark in 551 days after its launch. Genshin Impact currently stands at $3Billion Every six months, it generates $1 billion On average, it stays in the Top 5 mobile games with the highest revenues globally.