GTA 5 received an update this week that addresses in-game crashes.
You probably have mods already installed if you own GTA 5 PC. Third-party mods are a very popular addition to this action-adventure classic.
Rockstar Games issued an update for GTA 5 this week that addressed random crashes in the game for the PS4, Xbox One, as well as PC. Unfortunately, ScriptHookV – the framework that enables third-party mods on PC – will not work with the latest versions of GTA 5.
We will walk you through all the steps required to make third party mods on GTA 5 playable again.
GTA 5 Title Update 1.60 Notes
GTA 5 Title update 1.60 was a small 300MB update that GTA 5 fans downloaded to their PC. Even though the update is very small, it provides important fixes to random crashes.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the Heavy Sniper Mk II was being equipped in first-person perspective
- Fixed several crashes in GTA 5 & GTA Online
GTA 5 Downgrade from V1.0.2628.2 To V1.0.2612.1
It will take ScriptHookV’s developers a few more days to upgrade ScriptHookV from the previous working version. Rolling back to the GTA 5 previous version is your best option for making GTA 5 again playable with mods.
- Download This backup GTA 5 Version 1.0.2612.1 from Google Drive
- Extract The ZIP file was downloaded.
3. Copy These are Two files You will find the following files in the extracted folder
4. Navigate To your GTA V root directory (C:Program filesEpic GamesGTAV
5. Paste The GTA5.exe PlayGTAV.exe Files into the GTA 5 root directory (Click on Replace files in the destination).
6. Return to the backup directory Copy The Files Update.rpf or Update2.rpf:
7. Navigate To your GTA V root directory Once more:
8. Double-click open the “update” folder.
9. Paste The Update.rpf or Update2.rpf files should be uploaded to the “update” folder (Click Replace the file in destination)
Update ScriptHook Version
GTA 5 Version 1.0.2612.1 is the most recent version that ScriptHookV supports. To make GTA 5 playable, download and install the new ScriptHookV.
- Download The ScriptHookV website has the latest version.
2. Extract Download the file
3. Navigate The “bin” folderIf so, Copy All the files are inside:
4. Navigate To your GTA 5 root directory Here’s another:
5. Paste Copy the ScriptHookV files Go to the GTA 5 root folder and click on Replace files in destination
Rolling Back the Updates
This back-and-forth between GTA 5 ScriptHookV is going to continue since ScriptHookV can only start work on GTA 5 versions. The devs will need to wait a few days before they can match ScriptHookV with the latest GTA 5 version.
Backup the files you’ve copied and pasted. You can save these files to a backup folder in order to be able access them whenever GTA 5 is updated.
This guide will help you to fix GTA 5! Check out this guide to installing mods in GTA 5.
For great Gaming Guides, Gaming News and Game Codes, visit the PlayerAssist site!
Leave a Reply