Discord is finally available in the Xbox ecosystem. Players can now connect to their accounts on the voice-chat platform. Here’s how you can link your Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles to Discord and enjoy all its features.
We have good news if you own an Xbox console and want to communicate with your friends via Discord. The feature which was always accessible to PCs has made its way to Microsoft’s console lineup.
On September 13, 2022, an update for Xbox supporting Discord’s integration was finally rolled out. This allows you to connect to Discord voice chats from your consoles easily. This integration is a great benefit and will allow players to simplify their in-game communications.
If you’re wondering how to connect your Xbox console to Discord, our guide has everything you need to know.
Discord allows you to chat, play, and have fun playing with your Xbox friends.
How to connect your Xbox to Discord
Even if you’ve connected your Xbox account to Discord before, you need to connect it again. This will enable you to grant the required permissions for the Voice feature to your Xbox console.
Also, remember to upgrade to the latest version of your console and to install Xbox Mobile App on your phone.
With that said, here’s a simple set of steps you need to follow to connect your Xbox account to Discord:
- You can log in to Discord from another device. It could be a computer, mobile client or its official website.
- Navigate to your User Settings, and click on Connections.
- To link your account to Xbox, click on the Xbox icon.
- When a window appears, log in using your Microsoft account details.
- Once done, you’ll need to click on the “Authorize and Continue” option.
- That’s it – you now have successfully linked your Xbox and Discord accounts.
Let’s now look at the way to connect your Discord account from your Xbox console.
How to connect your Discord Account from Xbox Console
To complete the process, you must connect your Discord account to your Xbox console. These steps will help you to connect your Discord account to your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to boot up the console
- Go to the Settings option from Profile & System menu.
- Click on Account and the head over to “Linked social accounts”.
- Select the Discord tile from the Not Linked section and then select Link.
- Follow the prompts for connecting your Xbox or Discord accounts.
Now it’s time to transfer your Discord Voice Call to Xbox.
Discord Voice Transfer is possible from both mobile and desktop clients.
How do I transfer my Discord Voice Call to Xbox?
In order to transfer your Discord Voice Call to your console, you’ll need the Xbox mobile app.
- After it is downloaded, follow the instructions to link your console with your phone.
- Now, you’ll need to hop onto a Discord voice channel either from the mobile client or your PC.
- From there, you’ll need to select the “Join on Xbox” option.
- The Xbox mobile app will open automatically where the option “Transfer Audio” will be written.
- That’s it! Now all you need is to plug in your headset to your Xbox and you’re good to go.
You’d also be able to Mute and Deafen your audio by swiping up in the voice channel and it will reflect in your Xbox Console.
These steps can be followed if you wish to transfer Discord’s voice from your computer. All you need to do is find the “Join on Xbox” option in the PC app.
So, there you have it – that’s a detailed guide on how you can enable Discord voice chat on Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One consoles. If you have a Discord server and want to add some bots to enhance the experience, here are some of the best Discord bots for music, moderation & games to add in 2022.