Nintendo announced in September that Wave 3 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course DLC was coming this holiday season and now, the company has revealed we’ll be getting eight tracks on December 7. See the Wave 3 trailer below.
Start your engines! Wave 3 #MarioKart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass arrives 12/7! It is available for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Members at no additional cost or as paid DLC. pic.twitter.com/lbhHsbpf7L
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) November 21, 2022
As you can see, Wave 3 features some returning classics from prior Mario Kart releases as well as a few from Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo’s mobile take on the series. Here’s what to expect in this new wave next month:
- Tour London Loop – Gobsmack your rivals as you drift around familiar landmarks and into first place in this England-inspired course originating from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
- GBA Boo Lake – Get your feet wet on this spooky, Boo filled track set on a haunted lake in this course that originated in Mario Kart: Super Circuit!
- 3DS Rock Rock Mountain – Careful, sharp turns and bouncing boulders abound on this high-altitude course. Here’s a mountaineering tip: Ramp over a warp pipe to put some wind in your sails!
- Wii Maple Treeway – Leap through the fall foliage and race across massive trees on this course from Mario Kart Wii – just don’t disturb the Wigglers enjoying an autumnal stroll!
- Tour Berlin Byways – Watch out for falling Whomps and Thwomps as you make your way around the stunning sights in this course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
- DS Peach Gardens – Chirping birds, bopping Chain Chomps and fields of flowers flourish on this course set in the vast gardens of Peach’s castle from Mario Kart DS! Are you able to spot all the well-known topiaries?
- Merry Mountain – Hit the halfpipe and bank up the snowy hills on this charmingly festive course from Mario Kart Tour This is a huge collection of candy canes and wrapped gifts. And … is that a flying sleigh train?
- 3DS Rainbow Road – Look up in the sky – it’s … Mario! Rainbow Road is a celestial route that winds around multiple planetoids. It was created in Mario Kart 7 on Nintendo 3DS.
Wave 3 will be released December 7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe features 24 tracks. Each wave features eight tracks. Nintendo plans to release six additional DLC courses. The final wave will hit the game in 2023.
The original story continues below…
Original story, 9/13/22
We’re rapidly approaching the midway point for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course Pass content. Nintendo is already teasing the third wave of six new courses, which will be out in the holiday season. During today’s Nintendo Direct, we learned the first two courses coming in the third eight-course wave of new tracks.
Merry Mountain is the course we first learned about in Wave 3 of the Booster Course Pass. This holiday-themed track was first featured in Mario Kart Tour’s 2020 Winter Tour. Nintendo is also bringing Peach Gardens for those who want something other than holiday-themed. This track first appeared in Mario Kart DS’s Mario Kart DS in 2005.
<img src="https://www.gameinformer.com/sites/default/files/styles/body_default/public/2022/09/13/ed512b36/peach.jpg" alt="Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" title="Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" class="image-style-body-default" />
Wave 1 featured fan favorites such as Coconut Mall (Wii), Choco Mountain, (N64), Sky Garden (GBA), while Wave 2 offered tracks such as Kalimari Desert(N64), Mario Circuit 3 (3 (SNES), Mushroom Gorge) (Wii). Each wave has also given us two tracks from Mario Kart Tour, with Wave 2 also including an all-new course in Sky-High Sundae.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 3 is scheduled to arrive this holiday season.
Source: Game Informer
Leave a Reply