How to replicate Meta Quest 2 gameplay with the Xbox Series X/S.
Even though there are many Meta Quest 2 The Oculus Queest 2, formerly known as the Oculus 2 is more versatile than the PSVR because of its wireless features. However, it doesn’t have one of the most exciting features of PlayStation’s device, the ability to view the VR user’s gameplay on the TV simultaneously. Although the Meta Quest 2 doesn’t have this feature, Xbox users can pair it with their console and watch the game, just like a PSVR.
It is amazing how fun it can be to have family and friends around while you’re in VR. It’s even more fun to see what’s going on with the headset. Fortunately, this is possible with the Meta Quest 2 or an Xbox One or an Xbox Series X/S.
Google Chromecast allows users to stream their gaming via Google Chromecast. However, there is some lag which makes it less reliable than the PSVR. AirServer Xbox Edition, one of the most popular third-party apps for the Xbox, offers more options and features that allow players to replicate their gameplay via Meta Quest 2 via this app.
Download the AirServer Xbox Edition app
- To access the search bar, press Y and type in AirServer Xbox Edition.
- You can make a one-time payment but it’s not possible to pay the entire amount. 7-day trial too. You can agree to the seven-day period or you can keep it for friends and family who want to come along.
- You can activate the trial again with different accounts You can use the same Xbox.
- Once the AirServer App has been downloaded, you can then open it.
Settings for AirServer
These settings will ensure that Meta Quest 2 synchs to Xbox AirServer.
- To access the menu options, click on the bottom left-hand corner from the AirServer splashscreen.
- Set Screen Mirroring Reciever to on.
- Set Google Cast.
- Set Miracast to On.
- Select the Display option Limit Mirroring Resolution to decrease bandwidth. This will reduce lag while mirroring gameplay on Xbox.
The Meta Quest app setting on the phone
Quest users must ensure that they have the correct settings on their Meta app before they can start.
- Open the Meta App.
- Choose the Menu option.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Casting Settings.
- You must ensure that the Permissions for casting can be changed.
In The Meta Quest Screen
These instructions will help you connect Meta Quest 2 with the Xbox AirServer:
- Select Files to open Quest’s media gallery. It is located in the same spot as screenshots.
- Choose the Sharing option.
- Choose the Cast option.
- You will receive a prompt. The Meta Quest is looking for a casting device. Wait for the Xbox Option to appear.
- Choose Xbox and NextThe Meta Quest will be mirrored onto the Xbox AirServer.
All you need to recreate the Meta Quest 2 gameplay for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S is this. Although the one-off payment may seem a little strange, this is the best way to get the gameplay on a large screen comparable to the PSVR.
The Meta Quest Available now at all the top retailers
MORE: Steam Deck – How to Transfer Screenshots