You have been sat in Form Game Preview The following is a brief description of the Humble Games The Bounding Box Software and Xbox teams finally saw the need to bring the boom to life, launching Prodeus on Xbox, Game Pass and PlayStation in 1.0 form. You’ll find the Nintendo Switch drop has been delayed a little though.
Prodeus’ Nintendo Switch edition has been delayed by its creators due to visual problems. They are now working to make the best Prodeus possible. But thankfully those issues don’t affect the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 or PC versions, as the game breaks away from those early access foundations to release in full today.
Prodeus is a first-person shooter. It promises to be action-packed and full of new technology.
Yep, a full team of FPS veterans is behind Prodeus and they’ve come together to deliver that campaign, some cooperative action, competitive multiplayer and the chance to amend things as you see fit with an integrated level editors; at least the latter is available should you be on PC.
Prodeus is primarily about bringing the boom. The on-screen action is accompanied by a powerful metal soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult, who previously was behind the musical power and creativity of DOOM Eternal.
All things considered, the following are key features:
- RETRO LOOK, MODERN ERA – Shooters past and present collide with graphics that combine today’s high-quality 3D tech with retro visuals. You will be battling the Prodeans, Chaos forces and other forces with over-the top explosions of hi-tech particle effects and lo-fi pixels.
- PURE RETRO FPS CHAOS – Steel yourself for fast and frantic nonstop action. Use an arsenal of classic, over-the-top weapons to blast your way through chaos-spawned beasts.
- RAINING RED – Splatter the steel walls and alien halls with the blood of your enemies. Experience the gory thrills of the elder shooters, dialed up to 11 thanks to Prodeus’s delightfully demented dismemberment system.
- COMMUNITY-CRAFTED LEVELS – Unleash your inner map designer with Prodeus’s powerful but easy-to-use level editor*, and keep the visceral combat fresh with a built-in browser filled with community-created maps.
- MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM – Team up and go head-to-head in a variety of multiplayer modes. Take on the campaign in 4-player co-op, and dive into the fray in 16-player Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, and more—then take things to the next level by creating and sharing custom game modes.
- FRAG TO THE MUSIC – Burst blood vessels listening to a supercharged metal soundtrack by retro FPS composer Andrew Hulshult (DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Dusk, Amid Evil) that dynamically changes gears to accompany your actions.
We’ll be runnnig a full review of Prodeus on Xbox Series X|S as soon as we can, but for now you can grab the game from the usual digital stores – the Xbox Store being one of them. You can choose to pay cash or use Game Pass.
Prodeus now available for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. It’ll follow on Nintendo Switch soon.
Description of the game:
Prodeus is an old first-person shooter, reimagined with modern rendering techniques. While it achieves the AAA quality you would expect, it also respects some technical limitations of older hardware. The game includes a custom-crafted campaign by industry FPS veterans, an integrated level editor, and a built in community map browser for instantaneous actions with virtually limitless levels. You’re going to have to make the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you’ve been waiting for.